Awnings are super useful and totally glamorous when it comes to spicing up the outdoor decoration. Whether it’s the usual home balcony, or an extension into the garden or terrace, awnings come in handy whenever there is a need to create some shade. They not only just offer protection from the sun, rain, wind and the snow, researches show that a shade created by an awning has a temperature that is lower than the outside temperature. Although these days there are many types of awnings that are extensively used in domestic and commercial places, the folding arm awnings continue to be the most popular. They are easy to operate, cost effective and they come in various beautiful colors and sizes to cater to any type of space – whether big or small.
Tips to Choose the Best Awnings
Just like any other purchase, the purchase of awnings needs some study. There are several kinds of awnings available today, ranging from retractable patio cover awnings to folding arm awnings, from pop up canopies to retractable solar shade screens. These different kinds of awnings vary according to their mode of operation and level of protection. Hence, it is indispensable to have a good idea of what type and design of awning would suit the best, prior to making the actual purchase. Given below are few tips that will give you an idea:-
- Folding arm awnings are great for doors, windows and also balconies. Although these are mostly used for domestic purpose, they are used in commercial places as well.
- Portable pop up canopies are mainly used in social events as they provide a wide area of shade.
- Solar shade awnings are mostly fabric like canvas and are placed at the exterior of doors and windows to block out the sun. It is mostly preferred in warmer countries where the harsh tropical rays of the sun are a major problem for almost all the year round.
- In colder countries with high wind speeds, it is the best to ditch those fabric awnings and opt for the ones made of light metals like aluminium or fiber glass as they can easily withstand the pressure of the snows and the high speed winds.
- Folding arm awnings are the easiest to operate, even manually, so its simple method of operation makes it a huge hit.
- Last, but not the least, the color should be chosen wisely, which will enhance the look as well as protection. For instance, there is absolutely no point in installing a black awning at a house in a warm country.
How popular are these Awnings?
Awnings have been used since many years, for shade from the sun, the rain and the snow. Over the course of time, these awnings have been extensively used as temporary structures or temporary additions to the main buildings or structures. Their portability and their ability to retract have made them popular in almost the entire world. Folding arm awnings pop up canopies and outdoor retractable awnings continue to rule the exterior of any house, apartment, office, shop, café, restaurant or any other public place. Its popularity has now propagated to even the social gatherings and events, where canopies and awnings are used to provide shade to the guests and the invitees.
How Pricey are these Awnings?
Protection with beauty, this combination surely looks set to burn big holes in pockets, but rest assured, for these awnings are quite moderately priced. They vary in design and price, but in most cases they are decently priced. Folding arm awnings can be obtained at attractive discounts from the online stores.If you want to more then click here and get more information.